Selling Your Home: Why Use a Realtor?
Monday Oct 17th, 2016Share
Some homeowners tempt to try selling their property without the help of a real estate agent (this is called FSBO: For Sale By Owner). The reality is that selling real estate is a complex and highly specialized field. If you are like most, your home is your biggest asset. An agent will help steer you clear of the many pitfalls, and most importantly, will save you time and money. Yes, there are just a few of the advantages of working with an agent, your local Real Estate Professional can provide:
- Your agent knows real estate values in your neighbourhood and will help set an agreeable and competitive price on your home. Every country property is unique too so an experienced REALTOR can help assess the value of your rural, country or farm property.
- Your real estate agent will establish a marketing strategy for your home ensuring that your property is exposed to scores of potential buyers. Your real estate professional is equipped with the marketing tools and resources with ensure your property is promoted to other REALTORs and qualified buyers.
- Your real estate agent takes care of the many tasks involved in selling a house (everything from putting up the for sale sign and taking care of all the legal paperwork). This saves you time and ensures that the transaction is simple and low-stress for you. Your real estate professional knows rural, country and farm properties and the legal aspects to selling homes with well water, septic systems, wood burning fireplaces and so much more. Further, your real estate representative can help guide you on fiduciary responsibilities of each buyer and seller of rural properties.
- Your real estate agent is an expert in the home selling process and as such will advise you of your rights, options and obligations.
- Your real estate agent is an experienced negotiator and will work to get you the best price possible. As a real estate professional, previous sales history and neighbourhood sales information is available to you.
- Your real estate agent has access to all of the latest tools, technology and legal transaction clauses of the trade.
- Your real estate agent can recommend the best ways to improve your home's curb appeal.
- Your real estate agent, Denise Dilbey, Broker with Royal LePage Meadowtowne Realty, has the support of a national firm and a network of contacts and expertise.